Real life comes with real problems. Sometimes when personal and financial problems collide, you can get buried under a mountain of troubles with no apparent relief in sight. At The Hamzy Law Firm, LLC, in Bristol, Connecticut, our bankruptcy attorneys want to remind you that there are solutions and you can get your life back on track.
Exploring Your Bankruptcy Options
If you are facing issues such creditor harassment, garnishments, repossession or foreclosure, you have options to get a fresh start:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: Chapter 7 bankruptcy offers relief from most kinds of debt, eliminating your repayment obligations. In most Chapter 7 cases, you’ll even be able to keep the property you own.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: A Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows a person with steady income the opportunity to pay down debts over three to five years. In this type of bankruptcy proceeding, the debtor provides the creditors with a repayment plan. If the court agrees and confirms the plan, the debtor is obligated to make scheduled payments until all or part of the debt is satisfied.
- Bankruptcy qualifications: This page describes some of the qualifications that an individual must meet in order to be able to consider bankruptcy as a viable option.
- Foreclosure defense: You may have already received a foreclosure notice (“summons and complaint”), but it may not be too late to keep your home. Contact us to discuss possible arrangements to minimize or eliminate a mortgage deficiency.
- Credit card debt settlement: Filing for bankruptcy is not always the best option for people with credit card debt. In some cases, negotiating a debt settlement plan can help your financial situation.
If you are feeling the pressure of massive debt, our lawyers provide legal options to lighten the load.
Bankruptcy Attorneys Serving Litchfield and Hartford County
For more information or to speak to an experienced Bristol bankruptcy law attorney, please contact us online or by phone at 860-589-6525 to schedule an appointment.